27 Hope Quotes That Will Instantly Lift You Up
Read these hope quotes to get you through a tough time, or just for a little inspiration.
1. “In a time of destruction, create something.” —Maxine Hong Kingston
2. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” —Desmund Tutu
3. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important things is not to stop questioning.” —Albert Einstein
4. “Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’s. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me … Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” —Shel Silverstein
5. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” —J.R.R. Tolkien
6. “It’s always something, to know you’ve done the most you could. But, don’t leave off hoping, or it’s of no use doing anything. Hope, hope to the last!” —Charles Dickens
7. “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” —Paulo Coelho
Need more jokes than hope quotes? These are the 75 funniest quotes of all time.
8. “Hope is the last thing ever lost.” —Italian proverb
9. “The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” —Barbara Kingsolver
10. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.” —John Lennon
11. “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
12. “It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” —Anne Frank
13. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” —William Faulkner
14. “Hope is a waking dream.” —Aristotle
These quotes about forgiveness will make you put down your grudges.
15. “There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” —Leonard Cohen
16. “Hope is outreaching desire with expectancy of good. It is a characteristic of all living beings.” —Edward S. Ame
17. “Strange as it may seem, I still hope for the best, even though the best, like an interesting piece of mail, so rarely arrives, and even when it does it can be lost so easily.” —Lemony Snicket
18. “Never give up. Have hope. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.” —Catherine Pulsifer
19. “The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.” —Kalu Ndukwe Kalu
20. “It’s amazing how a little tomorrow can make up for a whole lot of yesterday.” —John Guare
21. “Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” —Stephen King
Check out this collection of our favourite Canadian quotes of all time.
22. “When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on.” —Theodore Roosevelt
23. “The world needs less heat and more light. It needs less of the heat of anger, revenge, retaliation, and more of the light of ideas, faith, courage, aspiration, joy, love and hope.” —Wilfred Peterson
24. “We dream to give ourselves hope. To stop dreaming—well, that’s like saying you can never change your fate.” —Amy Tan
25. “In fact, hope is best gained after defeat and failure, because then inner strength and toughness is produced.” —Fritz Knapp
26. “A positive statement propels hope toward a better future, it builds up your faith and that of others, and it promotes change.” —Jan Dargatz
27. “We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken.” —Albert Einstein
Next, here are 13 Doctor Who quotes to live your life by (from every Doctor).